- What is an alpha?
An alpha is an algorithm that makes trading decisions based on a formula that you design using a variety of variables. Alphas are inspired by a variety of sources — such as academic publications and statistical analysis — and rely on a variety of technical, fundamental, and other data as input.
- What do I need to know to develop an alpha?
You need basic knowledge of financial markets and technical skills to translate your ideas into mathematical formulas. Introductory knowledge of a scripting language, such as MATLAB, is recommended in order to translate Alpha ideas into software code.
- Who can participate?
Anyone over 18 years of age who meets the eligibility requirements.
- How will alphas be evaluated?
The alphas will be evaluated using a proprietary algorithm for strong performance and diversity. Further details are in the competition rules.
- What features does Trexsim alpha development platform have?
* Detailed tutorials on Alpha design.
* A library of common built-in functions.
* Various data sets to use as inputs to Alphas.
* Ability to develop custom operators.
* In-sample and out-of-sample back-testing.